Basic Chainsaw – 5 Day Course
Instruction in basic chainsaw techniques including maintenance, crosscutting and felling trees up to 380mm diameter. This course is in preparation for NPTC assessment units 002003 & 002004.
- workshop safety and awareness
- guide bar, saw chain and power unit maintenance
- health & Safety features
- lubrication and fuelling
- personal protective equipment
- starting & pre-cutting checks
- site safety awareness & PPE
- cross-cutting & stacking timber
- environmental & legal requirements
- felling, takedown & snedding trees up to 380mm in diameter
- conversion & crosscutting
- use of felling & timber handling aid tools
Training is a legal requirement.
The provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) require employers to provide adequate training to ensure that chainsaws and related equipment are operated only by employees who have received appropriate training.
This course is in preparation for NPTC assessment, held on a separate day. To see the NPTC leaner guide and assessment schedule for this qualification please click here